Sunday, February 26, 2012

Self Portrait #5


By looking at me on a daily basis, I'm sure "oh this girl likes makeup" isn't the first thing that would come to mind. I don't believe that girls should feel the need to apply tons of makeup every single day to feel good about themselves. But, my ultimate dream is to become a fashion, runway, or broadway makeup artist (and photographer!). I love everything about it. Doing makeup in my opinion absolutely is a form of art and even a way of expression. Little things, like just this bracelet really inspire what I do. Just different colors against eachother, different accessories, fashion, etc. I lined my lips in glitter, because I wanted this to be more of a unique look, not something that you would casually go out with. Unless you like glitterfied lips I guess. :) I was going to change the background of these photos to black & white, but when I up'd the saturation I realized the effect was pretty cool and decided to do that instead just to add a little more interest to these pictures. This week has been really ssooso crazy with work, I'm hoping I will have some more time to actually go out and shoot some nice photos this week.

2 comments:

  1. loveeee that you used the make up in this picture! came out awesome. The colors are really good and that the background isn't distracting, it works really well.=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. neat make-up! you should come into class all dolled up like that haha.

    ReplyDelete