Sunday, March 25, 2012

Self Portrait #9


This will hopefully be my only self portrait taken with a digital camera. I definitely didn't want to carry my canon around the city all day. Although it's been quite tiring, I have really enjoyed spending a good portion of spring break here. I was offered an opportunity to create and apply makeup for a show on 13th street, it was everything I expected it to be and even more. I'm looking forward to continuing in the right direction and getting my foot in the door with this. A week off of school was really needed, because having some downtime really gets me motivated to reach out of my comfort zone of my daily work and school schedule week to week. This photo was just taken while I had some free time, hanging out in central park. I meet here with my best friends who live in the city or in Jersey pretty often, and I really enjoy spending time here.

3 comments:

  1. You are one of the students tells a lot about what's going on in your life through this blog. You are really building a story with your pictures and it's coming out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great photo,the black and white gives it a clean look. You were able to capture a portrait but at the same time you captured the every day life of New York behind you. And like Heather said, you can see how you've progressed through your blog, not just through your photography but through your budding career as a makeup artist too. It's inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your opportunity! I know how hard you've been searching and I know this is only the beginning for you, Rosie! Keep me posted on how it's going.

    ReplyDelete